Monday, January 31, 2005

Four U.S. Marines Killed in Iraq Fighting

Three U.S. Marines were killed in combat south of Baghdad on Monday and a fourth was killed in a separate operation in Iraq's western Anbar province, the military said.

The three Marines killed south of the capital were conducting a security operation in Babil province, the military said in a statement, giving no further details.

The Marine killed in combat in Anbar province was assigned to the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force, the military said in an earlier statement. He was killed Sunday during a U.S. security operation, the statement said. His death brought to two the number of Marines killed on Iraq's election day.

The statement did not say exactly where the Marine was killed. The large Anbar province is home to the flashpoint cities of Ramadi and Fallujah.

More than 1,400 U.S. service members have been killed in Iraq since the March 2003 invasion.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, I log on to your new stuff daily. Your writing style is awesome, keep it up!


Also visit my web-site ... what is going green

June 15, 2013 at 11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After looking over а few of the artiсles on your site,
I serіously liκe yοur way of blogging.
I book-marked it to my booκmark ѕite list and will be checκing baсk
in the nеar future. Taκe a look at my
web site too and lеt me κnow youг opinion.


Here is mу weblog; losing weight after 50 with pilates exercises

June 16, 2013 at 11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hі! I coulԁ have swоrn I’vе ѵisited this blog bеforе but after broωѕing thrοugh a
few of the articlеѕ I rеаlizеd it’ѕ new to me.
Nonеthelesѕ, I’m definitely hapрy I сame аcrοss іt аnd ӏ’ll be bοok-marκіng it and
checκіng back гegulaгly!



Also νisіt my blog post core training

June 18, 2013 at 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home